Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Best Strategy =Emotional Appeal

In COMM 419, I have learned how to approach the target market. One of the most attractive way and has been using by the majority of marketing companies and advertisement producers is Emotional appeal.
The COMM 419 lecturer, Amber states that Emotional appeal is used to influence target market interest by mixing the humanity feelings such as guilt, joy,happiness,pride or even shame.
Based on that statement,for this podcast, I decide to create an interview with the bully and the victim separately. As this interview will be divided into two parts, the first part is going to be the interview with the bully and the second part is with the victim.
I have this idea from The Oprah Winfrey's Show. It is amazing how she can play with the audience emotion only from her question during the interview.
Moreover, the emotional feeling that I try to captured in this interview is the feeling of pride from the bully which will turn into guilt and regretful.
Furthermore, on the second part, I try to depicted the feeling of shameful, sad and depressed from the victim's side.
The reason why I make this podcast does not mean to offend any of the victim or the bully. I just hope that by making and publish this podcast on my website project can hopefully help my group to achieve our mission and vision for this campaign.

Below is the link of The Oprah Winfrey's Show which considered as one of the most emotional episode in early 90s.We could see the anger and hurt in the eyes of each guest. Oprah was trying her best to get to the crux of the problem.
This is how I want to create my podcast. Evoke the emotional feeling while giving education.

  • The Oprah Winfrey Show Part 1


I will also put some sounds in order to help evoking the emotional feeling which will be elaborated in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment